Why (and how) top companies are investing in content marketing in 2024
- Information We May Collect
- Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
- How We May Use Information We Collect
- International Data Transfers
- Data Retention
- How To Contact Us
Posted on: November 2nd, 2023
Effective Date: November 2nd, 2023
This Policy does not apply to other companies’ or organizations’ web sites to which we link. You should carefully review the privacy policies of those web sites in order to determine how they treat your personal information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect information about individuals who interact with us when using our websites and our services and attend our events and webinars (such as employees of our clients and partners), job applicants, and other individuals.
How we collect the information
We may collect information:
- Directly from individuals
- From third party vendors, publicly-available sources, data brokers, or business partners
Types of information we collect
The types of information we collect include personal and business contact information (such as contact name, business name, title, address, telephone number, and email address), payment information, and information individuals may provide in responses to survey questions and communications with us.
COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED BY AUTOMATED MEANS
We, our service providers, and our advertising partners, may collect certain information about the use of our websites by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We and our service providers and business partners may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our websites.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time. Please see the “Privacy Preferences, Rights and Choices” section below for information about how you may opt-out of, or limit the use of, your browsing behavior for online behavioral advertising purposes.
The information we collect by automated means includes:
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as the IP address, type of device, operating system and web browser, and language settings)
- Dates and times of visits to, and use of, our websites
- Information about how our websites are used (such as the content that is viewed on our websites and how users navigate between our webpages
- Details about how individuals interact with our emails (such as whether the email is opened and which links are clicked in the email)
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites
- Search terms used to reach our websites
Web browsers may offer users of our websites the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly.
HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information for our legitimate business interests, to fulfill our contractual obligations to you under our terms, and to comply with our legal obligations
- Fulfill your requests for products and services
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you
- Customize the content that you see in our services and applications
- Contact you for feedback and surveys
- Send you information about Iron Horse products and services
- Provide and facilitate use of our services and applications
- Analyze use of and improve our applications, products and services (including to develop new products and services)
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our websites.
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Invoice and collect payment for our services
- Establish and maintain an individual’s profile on our website
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites, and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing our terms
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our company policies (including to verify users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests)
- Process employment applications
- Monitor recruiting statistics, to inform our recruitment activities
We may also use information about you to target advertising while you are visiting our services or using our applications. For example, we, our service providers, or our advertising partners, may use geographic or other information we have collected from you to make sure that the ads you see are for goods and services that are actually of interest to you or are available in your area. We, our advertising partners, or our service providers may use cookie files to assure that you will not be served the same ads repeatedly. Except where consent is required, we undertake marketing and advertising on the basis of our legitimate business interests. Where we seek your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information that we collect, such that the information no longer identifies any specific individual. We may use, disclose and otherwise process such information for our own legitimate business purposes – including historical and statistical analysis and business planning – without restriction.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers performing services on our behalf, such as customer success and tech support providers, and technology providers (such as credit-card payment processors, and web hosting and email service providers and demand gen service providers)
- Iron Horse affiliates and subsidiaries
- Partners in the Enterprise Growth Alliance, if you are also a participant in the Alliance, or if you attend events or webinars sponsored by those partners
- Advertising and marketing partners
- Analytics organizations
Unless prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right to transfer the information we maintain in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. If we engage in such a sale or transfer, we will – where required by applicable law – make reasonable efforts to direct the recipient to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice. After such a sale or transfer, you may contact the recipient with any inquiries concerning the processing of your personal information.
In addition, we may share your information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites), and claims and other liabilities.
If you submit your information in connection with job opportunities with us, we collect the information that you provide to us in connection with your job application. This includes business and personal contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information of the type that may be included in a resume. This may also include diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We use and disclose this information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, such as by evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity, monitoring recruitment statistics, and contacting you and/or your references and former employers. We also retain statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities. We will process this information based on our legitimate interest of evaluating job candidates or, when you provide us with sensitive information, based on your consent. We may also use and disclose the information we collect as necessary to comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our company policies.
PRIVACY PREFERENCES, RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Personal Information Requests
Depending on your location and the nature of your interactions with our services, you may request the following in relation to your personal information:
- Access to a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you. Where applicable, we will provide the information in a portable, machine-readable, readily-usable format.
- Correction of personal information that is inaccurate or out of date.
- Opt out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising. To exercise this right, you can click the “Your Privacy Choices” link on the footer of our website.
- Deletion of personal information that we no longer need to provide our services or for other lawful purposes.
- Object to and request that we restrict our use of your personal information, and where applicable, you may withdraw your consent.
- Complain. You may have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
To exercise the above rights, please visit “Your Privacy Choices” or contact us at email@example.com. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. Prior to responding to your requests, we may verify your identity by matching any requested identifying information you provide against the information we have about you. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing or other commercial emails from us by following the instructions included in the email. However, even if you opt-out of receiving such communications, we retain the right to send you non-marketing communications (such as information about changes to our website terms).
Online Behavioral Advertising
Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on our websites may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. For example, users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here, selecting the user’s country, and then clicking “Choices” (or similarly-titled link).
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer personal information to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. For example, if you are located outside of the United States, we typically transfer your personal information to the United States, where we are headquartered. The countries to which we transfer personal information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, use, loss, or destruction.
We will retain personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which the information was collected, depending on the purpose(s) for which the information was collected, the nature of the information, any contractual relationship that may govern the retention of the data, and our legal or regulatory obligations. We will then destroy the personal information or anonymize the information, in accordance with applicable law.
HOW TO CONTACT US
6111 Bollinger Canyon Road, Suite 555, San Ramon CA 94583