SCOPE OF POLICY
This Policy applies to all Iron Horse Interactive services and applications. This Policy does not apply to other companies’ or organizations’ web sites to which we link. You should carefully review the privacy policies of those web sites in order to determine how they treat your personal information. We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you use our services and applications:
Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
We use technology nicknamed “cookies” to identify you when you visit our websites and use our applications, in order to collect information to facilitate access to our services and applications and to personalize your experience.
We may use other internet tools, such web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our services and applications, and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
We do not collect personally identifiable information from users we know to be under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Information others may collect
We may allow third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display advertisements on our services or applications.
These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers used to view or interact with their advertisements. These companies may use anonymous information about your visits to our sites or services and other sites. This information can include: date/time of banner ad shown, the banner ad that was shown, their cookie, the IP address.
Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (www.networkadvertising.org), which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our services or applications, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
How we may use information we collect
We may use information to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services. Offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Customize the advertising and content that you see in our services and applications.
- Send promotions and coupons based on your interests.
- Contact you for feedback and surveys.
- Send you other information about Iron Horse Interactive products and services.
- Facilitate use of our services and applications.
- Analyze use of and improve our applications, products and services.
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our applications.
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
We may also use information about you to target advertising while you are visiting our services or using our applications. For example, we may use geographic or other information we have collected from you to make sure that the ads you see are for goods and services that are actually of interest to you or are available in your area. We may use cookie files to assure that you will not be served the same ads repeatedly.
With whom we may share information we collect We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf Other Iron Horse Interactive applications
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our applications or offline
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users
Notwithstanding the above policies, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third-parties if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; To protect the our rights and property; To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our services or applications; or During emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk.
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our applications
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our applications may not function properly
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the email address below or, if you have an account for one of our services or applications, by logging into that account.
Your California privacy rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received that information If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is email@example.com.
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
Sale of Our Business
In the event that Iron Horse Interactive and/or its business units or subsidiaries are ever sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganized, or otherwise transferred, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases together with any personally identifiable information contained therein, to a third-party acquiring our assets. In the event we do so, we will place a notice of the sale on the homepage of our site or within our applications, with links to information as to how you can change your privacy preferences.
How to contact us
c/o Iron Horse Ventures LLC
6111 Bollinger Canyon Road, Suite 555
San Ramon, CA 94583